By Persis Mary Hamilton, RN, CNS, MS, EdD
COURSE OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals with an overview of suicide, including its prevalence, risk factors, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and prevention.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of mood disorders.
- Discuss the prevalence and risk factors of suicidal behavior.
- Describe the caregiving process to individuals at risk for suicide.
- Identify elements of effective communication with suicidal individuals and survivors.
- Describe a tertiary intervention (postvention) plan for survivors of suicide.
This course is no longer available for free.